Sunday, November 23, 2014

beatinghearts

 
I always like to write my thoughts out on paper first because it makes them seem more real.
 



 
 
when you take an anatomy class the teacher teaches you how the human heart works. how it beats like a million times a day and how it connects to every part of you and lets you breathe and move and feel and cry and bleed.


hearts are real


 
and maybe that's when people are in love they say

"you have my heart"




 
 
but when im with you the only beat I notice is silence




 
and the blood doesn't fill my veins till I bleed like they used to
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
hearts are strong but mine can only hold on for so much longer
 
 
 
 
 
because a heart only lasts one lifetime and im running on empty....
 
 



 
maybe its time to take a trip to the gas station. id rather have gas than nothing at all.
 
 





 
 to feel my pulse thrive again
and remember what it feels like when your sixteen and his lips are interlocked with yours
 


 
 
cause hearts only beat for one lifetime
 
 
 
                                                                                             and im running on empty
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible writing

    retweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. hearts are strong but mine can only hold on for so much longer -#stolen

    This whole post is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because it makes it seem more real." Why I think we need photographs & journals & letters, because without them, it's not real. Because without them, it didn't happen.

    What fruit for the mind, thank you.

    As I'm listening to Half of my Heart on your playlist, lol.

    ReplyDelete


  4. hearts are real



    and maybe that's when people are in love they say

    "you have my heart"

    I think so too.

    ReplyDelete