Sunday, September 7, 2014

I was a kid once



 
I remember a time when the color blue didn't mean sadness or loss but was a color of the sky above.
 
I remember a time when I didn't care at all what others thought of what I did, what I made or how I looked. As a kid I painted, I danced, I sang, I drew, for me.
 
I remember a time when the color red had nothing to do with feelings of rage or anger, but was the color of sunsets, fire trucks, and candy canes.
 
I remember that time. I was a kid once.

And I too had my crayons of creativity stolen from me, and its time to take them back. Cause im pretty pissed at the person who taught me to only draw inside the lines. And I don't appreciate whoever taught me to erase the "mistakes" I made. As a child there were no mistakes, only art. There is still that kid inside each of us, so let your imagination be free again, only then can we take back what is rightfully ours. Because I believe that "the creative adult is the child who survived."
 

2 comments:

  1. "let your imagination be free again, only then can we take back what is rightfully ours."

    that is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. This is the part I was going to quote too.

      I wanted to put my fist in the air and walk outside and yell.

      Delete